Re: How to improve db performance with $7K?

От Alex Turner
Тема Re: How to improve db performance with $7K?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
It's hardly the same money, the drives are twice as much.

It's all about the controller baby with any kind of dive.  A bad SCSI
controller will give sucky performance too, believe me.  We had a
Compaq Smart Array 5304, and it's performance was _very_ sub par.

If someone has a simple benchmark test database to run, I would be
happy to run it on our hardware here.

Alex Turner