Re: which dual-CPU hardware/OS is fastest for PostgreSQL?

От Alex Turner
Тема Re: which dual-CPU hardware/OS is fastest for PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Without starting too much controvesy I hope, I would seriously
recommend you evaluate the AMCC Escalade 9500S SATA controller.  It
has many of the features of a SCSI controler, but works with cheaper
drives, and for half the price or many SCSI controlers (9500S-8MI goes
for abour $500).  See http://plexq.com/~aturner/3ware.pdf for their 4
way, 8 way and 12 way RAID benchmarks including RAID 0, RAID 5 and
RAID 10.  If others have similar data, I would be very interested to
see how it stacks up against other RAID controllers.

Alex Turner
NetEconomist