Re: Order by and timestamp

От Björn Lundin
Тема Re: Order by and timestamp
Дата
Re: Order by and timestamp
Список pgsql-general

16 mars 2020 kl. 20:26 skrev Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>:

Per Tom's comment, what are the encodings?
Just sent reply to his mail with the encodings

Also I would point out that the problem occurs on the machine you are dumping/restoring backwards 9.6 --> 9.4. Not sure if that is relevant or not, but worth looking at.

How is the dump/restore done(plain text, custom format, etc) and what are the command strings?

I pasted 2 days at pastebin

(with date marking added)

Also what versions of pg_dump/pg_restore are you using on the dump and restore sides for the various Postgres versions?

Hmm, now that is tricky,
The prod has - as I briefly mentioned - been on the AWS
So I used its pg_dump. But I don’t recall version
In my notes I can see that we started with an ubuntu 12.04 image

But - I always use the pg_dump that belongs to the source database
And psql that belongs to the target database
So insert is
bnl@ibm2:~/db$ psql
Tidtagning är på.
AUTOCOMMIT off
psql (9.6.15, server 9.4.15)
Skriv "help" för hjälp.

While pg_dump may have varied through the years
The dump at pastebin gave me no clue of version that created it

Lately (the lsat 2 years or so) it has ben the pg_dump on the pi
bnl@pibetbot:~ $ pg_dump --version
pg_dump (PostgreSQL) 9.6.10

But not for that data sep/oct 2016

Yes really, otherwise you would not be seeing a difference. Sorry, pet peeve of mine, when people say these two things are not doing the same thing but then say they are the same thing.

I mean, the pg_dump does copy-commands.

It also does a certain amount of setup at the beginning of the file.

I stand corrected

--
Björn Lundin