Strange problem in Delphi-ODBC-Postgres_NT connectivity

От Lockhurst
Тема Strange problem in Delphi-ODBC-Postgres_NT connectivity
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Everybody,

A strange behaviour in accessing table from Postgres(upon NT version
7.1.2,Cygwin 1.1.3 ) database
is experienced. We are using Delphi as frontend tool. From Delphi table
component or BDE explorer , tables are not showing up but  SQL queries
are running perfectly alright using query components from Delphi.
From the same environment we can properly connect Postgres upon Linux in
the same LAN using a ODBC DSN where tables are perfectly showing up.

Incidently the same problem is viewed with Visual Age 2.0,i.e., table
lists are not showing up with Database Acces components.

Also same behaviour is experienced with Personal Oracle 8.x.  BDE
Explorer is not showing the list of tables though it is getting
connected with the Oracle.

In all the cases we are using the Administrator as User and the same
password for NT and Postgres.
For Oracle we are using the default scott/tiger.

Fellows from 'BAD  Group' [ Business App Dev]
Raja
Nripen Kumar
Shiladitya