Re: Wanted: jsonb on-disk representation documentation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Wanted: jsonb on-disk representation documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> writes:
> On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 12:08 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Is this an obsolete speculation about writing jsonb_hash_ops, or is there
>> still something worth preserving there?  If so, what?

> This is not obsolete. It would equally apply to a GiST opclass that
> wanted to support our current definition of existence. Array elements
> are keys simply by virtue of being strings, but otherwise are treated
> as values. See the large comment block within gin_extract_jsonb().

It's not that aspect I'm complaining about, it's the bit about "one day we
may wish to write".  This comment should restrict itself to describing
what jsonb_ops does, not make already-or-soon-to-be-obsolete statements
about what other opclasses might or might not do.