Re: LWLocks by LockManager slowing large DB

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: LWLocks by LockManager slowing large DB
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> On 2021-04-13 11:47:06 -0700, Paul Friedman wrote:
>> YES!!!  This completely alleviates the bottleneck and I'm able to run the
>> queries full-throttle.  Thank you SO much for your help+insight.

> Cool. And damn: I can't immediately think of a way to optimize this to
> not require this kind of hack in the future.

Maybe the same thing we do with user tables, ie not give up the lock
when we close a toast rel?  As long as the internal lock counters
are 64-bit, we'd not have to worry about overflowing them.

Сообщение: Re: LWLocks by LockManager slowing large DB
Сообщение: RE: LWLocks by LockManager slowing large DB