Re: LWLocks by LockManager slowing large DB

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: LWLocks by LockManager slowing large DB
Дата
RE: LWLocks by LockManager slowing large DB
Список pgsql-performance
Hi,

On 2021-04-13 11:47:06 -0700, Paul Friedman wrote:
> YES!!!  This completely alleviates the bottleneck and I'm able to run the
> queries full-throttle.  Thank you SO much for your help+insight.

Cool. And damn: I can't immediately think of a way to optimize this to
not require this kind of hack in the future.

> Interestingly, "lock pg_toast.pg_toast_2233612264 in ACCESS SHARE MODE;"
> which should do the same thing returns an error " ERROR:
> "pg_toast_2233612264" is not a table or view"
>
> Sounds like I should file this as a requested improvement?

The ability to lock a toast table? Yea, it might be worth doing that. I
seem to recall this being discussed not too long ago...

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: RE: LWLocks by LockManager slowing large DB
Сообщение: Re: LWLocks by LockManager slowing large DB