Re: Default UID for postgres user in linux

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Default UID for postgres user in linux
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com> writes:
> On 04/09/2014 06:30 AM, RAMAKRISHNAN KANDASAMY wrote:
>> While installing postgres, a user named "postgres" will be
>> automatically created.
>> What is the default UID for postgres user in linux ?

> Last week I answered this *exact* question for "ramky25@gmail.com" so
> either someone isn't getting the clue and thinks the answer will be
> different if asked by ramky24@gmail.com or people are cutting and
> pasting homework questions into the mailing list.

I think you're coming down too hard on the guy.  Those two messages were
actually timestamped just a few minutes apart.  I'm betting what happened
was he posted the message from an unsubscribed account, realized his error
when he got the autoreply, and reposted it from the right account.  Some
time later, our overworked list moderators got around to approving the
original message, and it showed up here.