Re: Need some info.

От Vishal Mailinglist
Тема Re: Need some info.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi ,

Before you do any thing like upgrade backup is the mantra
  • in plain sql format
  • File system base ( remember to shutdown postgresql before taking backup)
  • pg_dump

Queries :-

1)       Can we do rollback if required after complete installation??

Yes you would be able to, make sure you overwrite all binaries of old PostgreSQL when upgrade , in case of rollback simply compile and overwrite binary.

3)       If we do the installation in the other directory which doesn't contain old version. Does it solve our problem

Yes that may help this way you may not have to do the file system backup.

--
Regards,
Vishal Kashyap.

Сообщение: Re: large objects & space usage
Сообщение: Re: large objects & space usage