Re: suggestions for postgresql setup on Dell 2950 , PERC6i controller

От Glyn Astill
Тема Re: suggestions for postgresql setup on Dell 2950 , PERC6i controller
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
--- On Fri, 6/2/09, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> Stupid question, but why do people bother with the Perc
> line of cards if
> the LSI brand is better?  It seems the headache of trying
> to get the
> Perc cards to perform is not worth any money saved.

I think in most cases the dell cards actually cost more, people end up stuck with them because they come bundled with
theirservers - they find out too late that they've got a lemon.

Up until recently those in charge of buying hardware where I work insisted everything be supplied from dell.
Fortunatelythat policy is no more; I have enough paperweights.

Сообщение: Re: suggestions for postgresql setup on Dell 2950 , PERC6i controller
Сообщение: Re: suggestions for postgresql setup on Dell 2950 , PERC6i controller