Re: pgsql: Implement a preliminary 'template' facility for procedural

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: pgsql: Implement a preliminary 'template' facility for procedural
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Sep 6, 2005, at 11:34 AM, David Fetter wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 08:50:49PM -0300, Tom Lane wrote:
>
>> For now the template data is hard-wired in proclang.c --- this
>> should be replaced later by a new shared system catalog, but we
>> don't want to force initdb during 8.1 beta.
>>

> Wouldn't beta be the time to do it?  I know we define initdb-forcing
> changes to mean a major version bump, but I also thought that beta was
> a time to find the places where such changes make sense.  Has there
> been a guarantee that beta means "no initdb" in previous releases?
>
> Just my $.02.

I've been thinking the same thing. Beta is a time for shaking things
out and getting them right, isn't it?

My ¥2 (at current exchange rates, approximately USD 0.0183)

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Implement a preliminary 'template' facility for procedural
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Implement a preliminary 'template' facility for procedural