Re: postgres_fdw user mapping and role inheritance

От Natalie Wenz
Тема Re: postgres_fdw user mapping and role inheritance
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Would it be necessary to disambiguate? Wouldn't individual_user's privileges be a union of all of the privileges of all
thegroups of which it is a part? That seems to be how it works in the core postgres functionality:

If local_group_1 is a role with privileges on table_a and table_b, and local_group_2 is a role with privileges on
table_c,then after
   grant local_group_1 to individual_user;
   grant local_group_2 to individual_user;
individual_user now has privileges on table_a, table_b, and table_c.

But if local_group_2 also has a user mapping on foreign_table_x, individual_user inherits the privileges on table_c,
butnot foreign_table_x.

Or am I misunderstanding you? Is there something about foreign tables that precludes the role inheritance from working
thesame way it does with native tables?

Thanks,
Natalie