Re: Unixware Patch (Was: Re: Beta2 Tag'd and Bundled ...)

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: Unixware Patch (Was: Re: Beta2 Tag'd and Bundled ...)
Дата
Re: Unixware Patch (Was: Re: Beta2 Tag'd and Bundled ...)  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
>From UnixWare:

$ cc -O -Kpthread test_thread.c -o test_thread -lsocket -lnsl
UX:acomp: WARNING: "test_thread.c", line 60: argument #3 incompatible with
prototype: pthread_create()
UX:acomp: WARNING: "test_thread.c", line 61: argument #3 incompatible with
prototype: pthread_create()
$ ./test_thread
Your functions are all thread-safe
$

--On Wednesday, September 03, 2003 15:36:53 -0400 Bruce Momjian
<pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:

> ohp@pyrenet.fr wrote:

>> > You don't need a SMP machine to test threads.  You just need one thread
>> > to do the function call, then another to do the function call and see
>> > if the two pointers are different.  They calls don't have to happen at
>> > the same time.  Ideally you could make call in the two threads with
>> > different arguments, then after both calls are completed, test that the
>> > two static areas have the proper _different_ values.
>> >

>> Ok, I don't know much about threads; would you write a simple program for
>> us to test?
>
> OK, done, and attached.  It is also now in CVS as
> src/tools/test_thread_funcs.c.
>
> In hindsight, I should have done this long ago.  However, it only tests
> the thread-safety of functions.  It does not completely test your
> threading capability.
>
> I would like every operating system that supports thread-safety to run
> this program and report back the results.

Сообщение: Re: Need for a 'minor patch person'?
Сообщение: Re: Need for a 'minor patch person'?