[ADMIN] pg_dump with custom format without compression

От Thorsten Schöning
Тема [ADMIN] pg_dump with custom format without compression
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi all,

I'm using pg_dump with custom format "c" on some databases containing
already compressed large binaries, like Zip, compressed PDF etc. So I
don't benefit of the compression of format "c" much, but creating a
dump takes about twice as much time compared to uncompressed format
"t".

Is there any way to use format "c" without any compression, so I get
somewhat the same processing time like with format "t"?

From the docs it sounds that format "c" is the most flexible when it
comes to restore and I would simply like to keep all the options it
provides, just in case. So if not compression is only possible with
"t", I might as well decide to use that and live with its theoretical
shortcomings on restore.

Thanks!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning