Re: BUG #15572: Misleading message reported by "Drop function operation" on DB with functions having same name

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #15572: Misleading message reported by "Drop function operation" on DB with functions having same name
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> writes:
> On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 11:31 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Yeah, exactly.  Not only do I not feel a need to change this behavior
>> in the back branches, but the original patch is *also* an API change,
>> in that it changes the behavior of what appears to be a well-defined
>> boolean parameter.  The fact that none of the call sites found in
>> core today would care doesn't change that; you'd still be risking
>> breaking extensions, and/or future back-patches.

> Extensions calling those functions with old true/false values probably
> won't get any warning or error during compile.  Is is something we
> should worry about or is it enough to keep the same behavior in this
> case?

Yeah, I thought about that.  We can avoid such problems by assigning
the enum values such that 0 and 1 correspond to the old behaviors.
I didn't look to see if the proposed patch does it like that right
now, but it should be an easy fix if not.