Re: Minor configure tweak to simplify adjusting gcc warnings

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Minor configure tweak to simplify adjusting gcc warnings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> FWIW, if we moved the
> CFLAGS="$CFLAGS $user_CFLAGS"
> further down, it'd have advantage that compiling with -Werror would be
> more realistic. Right now doing so breaks about half of the feature
> checking configure checks because of warnings. E.g. on my platform it
> fails to detect 64bit integers, inline, ...

Given the way autoconf works, I think trying to run the configure tests
with -Werror is a fool's errand.  OTOH, not applying the user's CFLAGS
during configure is a nonstarter as well.  So rather than trying to inject
-Werror via generic CFLAGS, it would likely be better to have some means
of injecting it only into the actual build and not into the configure run.

There is at least one way to do that already (Makefile.custom).  Not
sure if it's worth inventing an --enable-warnings-as-errors type of
switch to do it more directly.