Re: Minor configure tweak to simplify adjusting gcc warnings

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Minor configure tweak to simplify adjusting gcc warnings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015-01-14 09:34:23 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > On 2015-01-13 22:19:30 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> A slightly more complicated change could be applied to make sure that
> >> *all* of the CFLAGS forcibly inserted by configure appear before any
> >> externally-sourced CFLAGS, allowing any of them to be overridden from the
> >> environment variable.  I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble to do that,
> >> but if there's interest I could make it happen.
>
> > I think it'd be good idea, but unless you're enthusiastic I guess there
> > are more important things.
>
> Nah, I'm fine with doing it, it's just a couple more lines of code.
> I feared people might think it wasn't worth adding extra complexity for,
> but as long as someone else likes the idea I'll go do it.

FWIW, if we moved the
CFLAGS="$CFLAGS $user_CFLAGS"
further down, it'd have advantage that compiling with -Werror would be
more realistic. Right now doing so breaks about half of the feature
checking configure checks because of warnings. E.g. on my platform it
fails to detect 64bit integers, inline, ...

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services