Re: PL/pgSQL memory consumption?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PL/pgSQL memory consumption?
Дата
Re: PL/pgSQL memory consumption?  ("Dawid Kuroczko" <qnex42@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
"Dawid Kuroczko" <qnex42@gmail.com> writes:
> I have recently found a nice utility called memstat (which shows how
> much of private
> (not shared)) memory each process uses.  What kind of surprised me was
> the amount
> of memory that is used by PL/pgSQL (one more reason not to provide it
> by default? ;-)).

Why should we put any credence whatsoever in these numbers?
I rather doubt that "memstat" knows anything about our palloc
mechanism, so I don't see how it could possibly give reliable
answers about how much memory one portion or another of Postgres
is using.

Having said that, it would be interesting to know exactly what it
*is* measuring.