Re: intervals in 7.3.1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: intervals in 7.3.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jukka_V=E4=E4n=E4nen?= <jukka.vaananen@batman.jypoly.fi> writes:
> I have been using intervals in postgresql like this:
>   select interval('2 weeks');
> We upgraded to 7.3.1 and now this produces error:
>   ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "'2 weeks'" at character 17

Yup.  "INTERVAL(n)" is now a type name, per SQL spec, and there doesn't
seem to be any way to persuade the parser that it could be a function
call as well.  You could double-quote the name:
    select "interval"('2 weeks');
but it's probably better to migrate to the cast syntax.

timestamp() has the same problem btw ...

Сообщение: Re: Altering a table - positioning new columns
Сообщение: Re: Altering a table - positioning new columns