Re: It seems no Windows buildfarm members are running find_typedefs

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: It seems no Windows buildfarm members are running find_typedefs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Wim Lewis <wiml@omnigroup.com> writes:
> On 2 Apr 2014, at 5:43 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I poked around a bit, and so far as I can tell, OS X does not store debug
>> symbol tables in executables.

> The Apple development tools gather the debug information during the final link stage (the one that produces the
executableor shared object) using "dsymutil", which simply iterates over all of the .o files and links the debug info
intoa separate object, foo.dSYM. Apple's gdb and lldb then find the relevant .dSYM file using a per-build UUID embedded
inthe executable/library/debug symbol file.

Ah.  I've forgotten the details, but I'm pretty sure that we have
deliberately arranged our build process so that the .dSYM files don't get
built during link steps.  Debugging seems to work all right anyway, at
least if the build tree is available, so I think Apple's gdb is able to
work from the symbol tables in the .o files.

While perhaps that approach should be rethought, I'm disinclined to
mess with it just for the benefit of find_typedefs.

От: Wim Lewis
Сообщение: Re: It seems no Windows buildfarm members are running find_typedefs
От: Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Сообщение: Re: GSoC proposal - "make an unlogged table logged"