how to create an user with ONLY select permission and nothing else?

От Jessica Richard
Тема how to create an user with ONLY select permission and nothing else?
Дата
Re: how to create an user with ONLY select permission and nothing else?  ("Milen A. Radev" <milen@radev.net>)
Re: how to create an user with ONLY select permission and nothing else?  ("Agustin Ignacio Genoves" <agustingenoves@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
I created a test user with the following command:

$ createuser test
Shall the new role be a superuser? (y/n) n
Shall the new role be allowed to create databases? (y/n) n
Shall the new role be allowed to create more new roles? (y/n) n
CREATE ROLE

This user at the moment does not have permission to look at any existing tables, but it can create a table:

$ psql -Utest -d postgres
Password for user test:

postgres=> create table test(x int);
CREATE TABLE

Two questions:

1. How do I create a user with ONLY select permission but nothing else (not even creating any new tables)?

2. How do I check to see what permissions a particular user currently has?

I know that \z tablename can show who has what permissions on a  table, but it does not tell if a user has "create table" permission or not.

Thanks,
Jessica