Re: scorpionfly needs more semaphores

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: scorpionfly needs more semaphores
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> We're seeing occasional failures like this:
> running bootstrap script ... 2019-09-13 12:11:26.882 PDT [64926]
> FATAL:  could not create semaphores: No space left on device
> 2019-09-13 12:11:26.882 PDT [64926] DETAIL:  Failed system call was
> semget(5728001, 17, 03600).

> I think you should switch to using "named" POSIX semaphores by
> building with USE_NAMED_POSIX_SEMAPHORES (then it'll create a
> squillion little files under /tmp and mmap() them), or increase the
> number of SysV semaphores you can create with sysctl[1], or finish
> writing your operating system[2] so you can switch to "unnamed" POSIX
> semaphores :-)

I'd recommend the second option.  Since the discussion in [1],
we've fixed our docs for OpenBSD to say

    In OpenBSD 3.3 and later, IPC parameters can be adjusted using sysctl,
    for example:
    # sysctl kern.seminfo.semmni=100
    To make these settings persist over reboots, modify /etc/sysctl.conf.
    You will usually want to increase kern.seminfo.semmni and
    kern.seminfo.semmns, as OpenBSD's default settings for these are
    uncomfortably small.

Scorpionfly also seems to be having problems with its git repo breaking on
a regular basis.  I have no idea what's up with that.