Re: jsonb_delete not documented

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: jsonb_delete not documented
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I see.  The reference from pg_operator to pg_proc is by OID rather than
> function name, so I didn't find them.  Is that because the function is
> overloaded?

Yeah, I suppose so --- regproc can't resolve overloaded function names.

> It's kind of odd that these are the only operators (at
> first glance) that are set up like that.

I think the customary thing when creating functions meant as operator
support is to give them unique names.  These weren't done that way ...
I wasn't involved, but I wonder whether there was uncertainty as to
whether these should be documented as functions or operators.