Re: Setting rpath on llvmjit.so?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Setting rpath on llvmjit.so?
Дата
Re: Setting rpath on llvmjit.so?  (Jason Petersen <jason@citusdata.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 4/17/18 16:14, Andres Freund wrote:
>> I still think cmake is the least unreasonable path going forward.

> I would rather try to make Meson work and if needed add features back
> into Meson.

I'm wondering whether that will result in expending a lot of effort
to move from a poorly-supported build system to a different
poorly-supported build system.  As a project, we have an astonishingly
poor track record for choosing outside projects to rely on :-(.

One thing I particularly dislike about Meson, after reading its wikipedia
entry for a moment, is that it doesn't use "make" as the backend build
system.  That means two major tooling changes not one, and double the
opportunity to find ourselves stuck with unsupported infrastructure.
I also politely decline the offer to be forced to use XCode on mac.