Re: On-line / off-line trace of SQL statements presented to the Postgres SQL engine

От Aurynn Shaw
Тема Re: On-line / off-line trace of SQL statements presented to the Postgres SQL engine
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> We are using a three-tier application with J2EE, JBoss, Hibernate and
> a Postgres database.
>
> It would be a nice thing to monitor or trace the actual SQL statements
> processed by the DB. I do not really need the result set as I can get
> this - if required - using SQL against the DB through the Pgsql
> interface.

You can configure Postgres to give you this information in the
logfiles, or before you execute any queries on your connection.

The configuration option in postgresql.conf is, I believe,
log_statement.

Alternatively, you can run SET log_statement to 'all'; on your JDBC
connection before your application begins to query the database.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/runtime-config-logging.html

Hope that helps.

Aurynn Shaw

ashaw@commandprompt.com