Re: doc: vacuum full, fillfactor, and "extra space"

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: doc: vacuum full, fillfactor, and "extra space"
Дата
Re: doc: vacuum full, fillfactor, and "extra space"
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-01-20 06:30, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> Rebased against 40d964ec997f64227bc0ff5e058dc4a5770a70a9

I'm not sure that description of parallel vacuum in the middle of
non-full vs. full vacuum is actually that good.  I think those sentences
should be moved to a separate paragraph.

About your patch, I don't think this is clearer.  The fillfactor stuff
is valid to be mentioned, but the way it's being proposed makes it sound
like the main purpose of VACUUM FULL is to bloat the table to make
fillfactor room.  The "no extra space" wording made sense to me, with
the fillfactor business perhaps worth being put into a parenthetical note.