Re: Re[2]: [BUGS] Segfault in MemoryContextAlloc

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re[2]: [BUGS] Segfault in MemoryContextAlloc
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
>> What exactly does your extension do? And where did you add that null check?

> this extension does some log preprocessing for syslog
> extension and fix attached

That extension is broken on its face.  You cannot have an emit_log_hook
that does catalog access, because elog() can be called outside a
transaction or in an already-failed transaction.  Whatever band-aids
you put around that will just be band-aids that will fail regularly.
You need to move the catalog lookup someplace else.  (Actually, I wonder
why you're doing a catalog lookup at all ... wouldn't it be sufficient to
do a DirectFunctionCall to inet_out?)

I doubt this has much to do with the OP's issue.