Re: links to 12 release notes broken after branching

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: links to 12 release notes broken after branching
Дата
Re: links to 12 release notes broken after branching  ("Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-www
> Yes, but before the release being done we can't hand that out? So I
> don't think that's sufficient.  Can't we have a rule that redirects to
> devel/release-NN.html to /NN/release-NN.html upon a 404?

That seems like it'd cause everlasting confusion about which
branch links were really meant to point at.

I'd rather see us instantiate a new release branch under
www.postgresql.org/docs/ as soon as there's a good reason to
point to it, like around beta1, or maybe when we fork the
branch in git.

            regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: links to 12 release notes broken after branching
Сообщение: Re: links to 12 release notes broken after branching