Re: ALTER COLUMN ... SET EXPRESSION to alter stored generated column's expression

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: ALTER COLUMN ... SET EXPRESSION to alter stored generated column's expression
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 25.10.23 08:12, Amul Sul wrote:
> Here is the rebase version for the latest master head(673a17e3120).
>
> I haven't done any other changes related to the ON UPDATE trigger since that
> seems non-trivial; need a bit of work to add trigger support in
> ATRewriteTable().
> Also, I am not sure yet, if we were doing these changes, and the correct
> direction
> for that.

I did some detailed testing on Db2, Oracle, and MariaDB (the three
existing implementations of this feature that I'm tracking), and none of
them fire any row or statement triggers when the respective statement to
alter the generation expression is run.  So I'm withdrawing my comment
that this should fire triggers.  (I suppose event triggers are available
if anyone really needs the functionality.)