Re: prevent connection using pgpass.conf

От Christophe Dore
Тема Re: prevent connection using pgpass.conf
Дата
Re: prevent connection using pgpass.conf  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
Re: prevent connection using pgpass.conf  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Re: prevent connection using pgpass.conf  (Alban Hertroys <dalroi@solfertje.student.utwente.nl>)
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for answering

Yes, you are right. This is a client-side file. However, our concern is
that we have to consider this practice as a security issue. We'd like to
ban this practice for our product which is, thus, wrapping PostgresQL
engine. Thus my questions

- is there any configuration that can be done on server side to prevent
the client side to use such file to read passwords ?
- is there any options that can be set in postgres libpq C library to
prevent the connection functions to search for password in files ?

Thanks