Re: 7.3.1 update gives PHP libpq.so.2 problem

От Matthew Horoschun
Тема Re: 7.3.1 update gives PHP libpq.so.2 problem
Дата
Список pgsql-php
Hi Jules,

On Wednesday, February 5, 2003, at 12:06  AM, Peter De Muer (Work)
wrote:

> try making a soft link  libpq.so.2 to the libpq.so.3 file  that comes
> with
> PHP 7.3.1.
>>
>> This is a known issue, but the only solution I could google was
>> compiling a recent PHP from source or creating a softlink from
>> libpq.so.3 to libpq.so.2. I read that the link is a bad solution, but
>> really don't like compiling and installing PHP from source.

I think he wanted to avoid the soft link (or hard link for that
matter)... Its not a neat solution. Generally the whole reason for
changing library major numbers it to let the users know that the
exports have changed and that you'll need to recompile your client!

http://www.postgresql.org/news.php?NewsID=105

>> I normally do all my packages with RPM and I'm afraid doing PHP from
>> source will mess this up. What will happen if I install PHP 4.3.0 from
>> source now, and later do an update on a more recent version with rpm?
>> Would I have to deinstall 4.3.0 first? How?

You're right. Its good practice to use your package system wherever
possible. However, how about using a RPM source package?

ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/7.3/en/os/i386/SRPMS/php-4.1.2-
7.src.rpm

Matthew.

--
Matthew Horoschun
Network Administrator

В списке pgsql-php по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: 7.3.1 update gives PHP libpq.so.2 problem
Сообщение: Re: 7.3.1 update gives PHP libpq.so.2 problem