Re: [ADMIN] Tsearch2 removal bit me - how to correct?

От Karl Denninger
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Tsearch2 removal bit me - how to correct?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 10/15/2017 21:18, Tom Lane wrote:
Karl Denninger <karl@denninger.net> writes:
One more question - for safety do I also need to drop all the other
previously-declared public functions such as rank*() (in all its forms)
and concat even thought they do not reference the shared library, or are
they safe to leave there?  I see there are pg_catalog copies of these as
well....
I dunno about safety offhand, but I'd definitely make an effort to get
rid of them --- at minimum, you're risking confusion by leaving them
around.  All of the modern text search support functions are in
pg_catalog.
		regards, tom lane
Thanks.  Appreciate it; if we're in the same place at some point I owe 'ya a couple of beers :)

--
Karl Denninger
karl@denninger.net