Re: FATAL: semctl(999999, 6, SETVAL, 0) failed: Invalid argument

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: FATAL: semctl(999999, 6, SETVAL, 0) failed: Invalid argument
Дата
Список pgsql-general
DrakoRod <drakoflames@hotmail.com> writes:
> I have a problem with to Postgres 9.5 with the semaphores, mainly in the
> Standby node, but in the mater node has been happening too.

> The implementation are in RedHat 7.2 with the NAS Storage, the data
> directory of PostgreSQL is in the NAS storage. I was read that PostgreSQL
> doesn't have problem with this type storage but now I have this problem and
> I'm not source that the problem are the storage. The error is following:

> 2016-12-05 03:02:31 CST FATAL:  connection to client lost
> 2016-12-05 03:04:10 CST FATAL:  semctl(5832710, 6, SETVAL, 0) failed:
> Invalid argument

I doubt this has anything much to do with NAS storage.  What it sounds
like to me is systemd's "helpful" idea of removing SysV semaphores when
it thinks you've logged out.  There are at least two ways to stop it
from doing that; see
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Systemd
or the longer discussion at
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/57828C31.5060409%40gmail.com
or a couple of other discussions you can find by searching the PG mail
archives for "systemd semaphores".