Re: rules regression test failed on mingw

От Jaime Casanova
Тема Re: rules regression test failed on mingw
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 10:26 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>>
>> > Seems this is Spanish_Spain.1252 and the encoding WIN1252
>>
>> What it looks like is that the locale is intentionally sorting h after k
>> (or more likely the rule is ch after ck).  My Spanish is just about gone
>> ... is that a sane behavior at all?
>
> It was sane behavior a couple of decades ago -- dictionaries used to
> sort like this ("ch" was considered an independent letter, and sorted
> between c and d).

while 'ch' and 'll' are independent letters they sort as they were 'c'
and 'l'... that means that 'ch' should go before 'ck'

http://www.rae.es/rae/gestores/gespub000018.nsf/(voAnexos)/arch8100821B76809110C12571B80038BA4A/$File/CuestionesparaelFAQdeconsultas.htm#ap31

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova