Re: rules regression test failed on mingw

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: rules regression test failed on mingw
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> "Jaime Casanova" <jcasanov@systemguards.com.ec> writes:
> > On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 8:59 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> >> What locale is this running in?
>
> > Seems this is Spanish_Spain.1252 and the encoding WIN1252
>
> What it looks like is that the locale is intentionally sorting h after k
> (or more likely the rule is ch after ck).  My Spanish is just about gone
> ... is that a sane behavior at all?

It was sane behavior a couple of decades ago -- dictionaries used to
sort like this ("ch" was considered an independent letter, and sorted
between c and d).  I'm not sure if RAE did actually revoke this
behavior, or it's just that us are now too used to the idea that it's
obsolete.  If the former, we should be complaining to the glibc
developers.  If the latter, we should complain to our school Spanish
teachers ;-)

Сообщение: Re: rules regression test failed on mingw
Сообщение: Re: rules regression test failed on mingw