Re: Proposal: variant of regclass

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Proposal: variant of regclass
Дата
Re: Proposal: variant of regclass
Список pgsql-hackers
Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> writes:
> I would like to add a variant of regclass, which is exactly same as
> current regclass except it does not raise an error when the target
> table is not found. Instead it returns InvalidOid (0).

I've sometimes thought we should just make all the reg* input converters
act that way.  It's not terribly consistent that they'll happily take
numeric inputs that don't correspond to any existing OID.  And more
often than not, I've found the throw-an-error behavior to be annoying
not helpful.

In any case, -1 for dealing with this only for regclass and not the
other ones.