Re: RFC: programmable file format for postgresql.conf

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: RFC: programmable file format for postgresql.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/4/13, 2:02 PM, Álvaro Hernández Tortosa wrote:
>     So optional fields are either purely optional (i.e., only for tools
> that want to use them; everyone else may ignore, but preserve, them) and
> some other are just NULLABLEs, depending on the parameter).

But my point stands: If it's optional, you can't rely on it, if it's
required, people will object because they don't more junk in their
config file.

But I think this is solving the wrong problem.  The metadata is already
available via postgres --describe-config.