Fwd: How does the partitioned lock manager works?

От rancpine cui
Тема Fwd: How does the partitioned lock manager works?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
class="gmail_sendername">rancpinecui</b> <<a href="mailto:rancpine@gmail.com">rancpine@gmail.com</a>><br />Date:
2007-4-27下午9:22<br /> Subject: Re: [HACKERS] How does the partitioned lock manager works?<br />To: Heikki Linnakangas
:-)<br/>I've seen from the README that <br />"The shared-memory hash tables for LOCKs and PROCLOCKs are organized<br
/>sothat different partitions use different hash chains, and thus there<br />is no conflict in working with objects in
differentpartitions." <br />   What does "hash chains" mean?<br />   As the dynahash.c's "partitioned table" mechanism
suggests,a lock's<br />bucket number can be calculated from its hash value, then it will be<br />inserted into that
bucket,sohow does partition number works? <br />   Is it only a flag which suggests the partition the lock belongs to
when<br/>we want to use that lock? I can't find a way to manage locks via partition...<br />