Re: Fix for OpenSSL error queue bug

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Fix for OpenSSL error queue bug
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> writes:
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 6:44 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
>> I can produce a back-patchable variant of this if you and Peter E.
>> think this approach is okay.

> Where are we on this?

I'm generally okay with the approach used in
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAM3SWZS0iV1HQ2fqNxvmTZm4+hPLAfH=7LeC4znmFX8az=ARMg@mail.gmail.com
though I have not reviewed that patch in detail.

One minor thought is that maybe it'd be better to do this:
    errno = 0;
+    ERR_clear_error();

in the other order, so as not to assume that ERR_clear_error doesn't
set errno.  On the other hand, if it does, things are probably hopelessly
broken anyway; so I'm not sure there is any case where this helps.