Re: Server goes to Recovery Mode when run a SQL

От rob stone
Тема Re: Server goes to Recovery Mode when run a SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Olá Marcos,

On Mon, 2019-02-04 at 08:33 -0700, PegoraroF10 wrote:
> About replication ... Logical Replication with CREATE
> PUBLICATION/SUBSCRIPTION.
>
> Yes, some DDL commands were ran on that server but none of them were
> related
> with that select.
> Let me explain better. We have a single server with a single database
> on it.
> Each customer has its own schema and connects to it to work
> exclusively on
> that schema. So, sometimes we add some customer or change something
> on an
> old one. But this DDL change we could ran is not related with that
> schema we
> are talking. Schemas can have different structures but that schema
> which
> puts my server on recovery mode was not changed.
>
> Maybe something related happened some days ago. When we start a new
> customer
> we add a schema, put all their tables on it and it´s ok. Our server
> has
> today 90 schemas and each schema has 100 tables, resulting in 9000
> tables.
> Some days ago we added 5 new customers on same day, so we added 500
> tables.
> Then, when we did that some selects on system tables were very very
> slow and
> that was only solved when we did a REINDEX DATABASE. Even REINDEX
> SYSTEM did
> not solve. Is this problem related with recovery mode of my server ?

I trust that you saved the output from your "create" scripts. I would
find those five log files and see if any errors occurred.

Also, you would have to run them on the "subscriber" server first. So,
if you "diff'd" the log files for "escola-53" (or whatever) from the
publication and the subscriber servers, they should be similar in all
respects? I don't know the answer to that question.

Chapter 31.4 in the doco is interesting reading.

Cheers,
Robert