Re: snapper and skink and fairywren (oh my!)

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: snapper and skink and fairywren (oh my!)
Дата
Re: snapper and skink and fairywren (oh my!)  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/26/22 16:17, Robert Haas wrote
> 3. fairywren failed the last run in module-commit_tsCheck. It's unhappy because:
>
> [16:30:02] t/002_standby.pl .... ok    13354 ms ( 0.06 usr  0.00 sys +
>  1.11 cusr  3.20 csys =  4.37 CPU)
> # poll_query_until timed out executing this query:
> # SELECT '0/303C7D0'::pg_lsn <= pg_last_wal_replay_lsn()
> # expecting this output:
> # t
> # last actual query output:
> # f
>
> I don't know what is causing any of these failures, and I don't know
> if there's already some discussion elsewhere that I've missed, but
> maybe this email will be helpful to someone. I also noticed that 2 out
> of the 3 failures report 2dbb7b9b2279d064f66ce9008869fd0e2b794534 "Fix
> pg_hba_file_rules for authentication method cert" as the only new
> commit since the last run, and it's hardly believable that that commit
> would have broken this. Nor do I see any other recent changes that
> look like likely culprits. Apologies in advance if any of this is my
> fault.

Intermittent failures give a false positive against the latest set of
commits. These failures started happening regularly about 49 days ago.
So we need to look at what exactly happened around then. See
<https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_failures.pl?max_days=90&stage=module-commit_tsCheck&filter=Submit>

It's very unlikely any of this is your fault. In any case, intermittent
failures are very hard to nail down.

I should add that both drongo and fairywren run on a single
AWS/EC2/Windows2019 instance. I haven't updated the OS in a while. so
I'm doing that to see if matters improve. FWIW. I just reproduced the
error on a similar instance where I'm testing some stuff for Andres'
project to make TAP tests more portable.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan