Re: [GENERAL] Postgres goes to auto recovery mode after system restart(check this draft)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Postgres goes to auto recovery mode after system restart(check this draft)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net> writes:
> On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 06:48:36AM -0400, George Neuner wrote:
>> pg_ctl is a command-line program that can run as a service.  But since
>> it creates no window, when run as an application it cannot receive any
>> environment messages.

> Would it make sense to have pg_ctl create a non-visible
> window when run as an application in order to receive
> environment control messages ?

-1 ... we'd just be adding extra code and maintenance effort to support
an inferior method of running the server.  If you want to have it up
all the time, as the OP seemingly does, you ought to be running it as
a service.