Re: [GENERAL] Postgres goes to auto recovery mode after systemrestart(check this draft)

От Karsten Hilbert
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Postgres goes to auto recovery mode after systemrestart(check this draft)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 06:48:36AM -0400, George Neuner wrote:

> Windows informs all processes that it is shutting down (or entering
> sleep, or waking up, etc.), but the notifications take different forms
> depending on whether the process is a service or a normal application.
> Services receive commands from the service manager, whereas
> applications receive environment control messages sent to their main
> window.
>
> pg_ctl is a command-line program that can run as a service.  But since
> it creates no window, when run as an application it cannot receive any
> environment messages.

Would it make sense to have pg_ctl create a non-visible
window when run as an application in order to receive
environment control messages ?

    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2122506/how-to-create-a-hidden-window-in-c

Just wondering,
Karsten
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346