Re: GSSAPI doesn't play nice with non-canonical host names

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: GSSAPI doesn't play nice with non-canonical host names
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>> While I'm complaining: that's got to be one of the least useful error
>>> messages I've ever seen, and it's for a case that's surely going to be
>>> fairly common in practice.

> AFAIK, that one is for Kerberos only. For GSSAPI, we already use the
> gss_display_status function to get the error messages. I think the problem
> here is in the Kerberos library?

Yeah, I had verified by tracing through it that the text was just what
gss_display_status gave us.  It could be that it's just plain broken,
but I was sort of hoping that we were using it incorrectly or that
there's some magic flag to set to get better messages out of it.