Re: R: Postgresql 12.x on Windows (vs Linux)

От bret_stern
Тема Re: R: Postgresql 12.x on Windows (vs Linux)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
We're one of those "stuck" in windows, as are most of my clients;
Application licenses, Windows platform licenses, Remote desktop
licenses, Terminal Server licenses...on and on.

A five year examination of licenses and application costs are staggering.

Our wish is to be free of those costs, and have a significant edge
on our competition....or at least use the hundreds of thousands of
dollars for other uses.

Best to be knowlegable of both to see how clearly your being ripped off.

But I do understand the walls you'll encounter trying to change the IT
infrastructure.

People get a new phone, and don't make a peep about all the learning
they do; but dare you take away they're Excel spreadsheet..murderer..

Just saying,

On 3/2/2020 7:52 AM, Ron wrote:
> LOL.  Double LOL, even.  We -- and a huge number of other organizations
> -- are completely wrapped in the Windows environment, from Outlook and
> Excel to SharePoint to the myriad of 3rd party programs that *only* work
> on Windows.
>
> On 3/2/20 9:37 AM, Tim Clarke wrote:
>> Not at all, we found that Linux "expertise" is 1/10 the cost of Windows
>> expertise. Time to plan for getting rid of the site license.
>>
>> Tim Clarke
>> IT Director
>> Direct: +44 (0)1376 504510 | Mobile: +44 (0)7887 563420
>>
>> On 02/03/2020 15:32, Ron wrote:
>>> Your comment assumes that OP does *not* have have a site license, and
>>> *does* have Linux expertise.  Neither assumption is always valid.
>>>
>>> (And, of course, the Windows server might already exist.)

+8525803 1687 | Toronto: +1 647 503 2848

addresseeyou must not use or disclose such information, instead please report
ittoadmin@minerva.info<mailto:admin@minerva.info>
TheManifest Voting Agency Ltd: Registered in England Number 2920820 Registered Office at above address. Please Click
Herehttps://www.manifest.co.uk/legal/ for further information.