Re: BUG #9187: corrupt toast tables

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #9187: corrupt toast tables
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
kevin.hughes@uk.fujitsu.com writes:
> Sometime between the morning of the 31st of January and the morning of the
> 3rd of February the database was corrupted. During that period there was
> little or no activity - other than the nightly postgres dump

> Looking at various logs we found this error:  ERROR: unexpected chunk number
> 110 (expected 106) for toast value 223972 in pg_toast_80768;

FWIW, this type of error is sometimes due to corruption in the toast
table's index, in which case you can fix it with a REINDEX.  I'd try
that before deleting data, anyway.

Hard to tell what the actual underlying cause is :-(.  I do note that
you're running a PG version that's a year or so old.  It'd be prudent
to think about updating to 9.2.7 when that comes out next week.