Re: ANALYZE: ERROR: tuple already updated by self

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ANALYZE: ERROR: tuple already updated by self
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I think the problem is pretty plainly that for inheritance tables we'll
> try to store extended statistics twice. And thus end up updating the
> same row twice.

They shouldn't be the same row though.  If we're to try to capture
ext-stats on inheritance trees --- and I think that's likely a good
idea --- then we need a bool corresponding to pg_statistic's stainherit
as part of pg_statistic_ext's primary key.

Since there is no such bool there now, and I assume that nobody wants
yet another pg_statistic_ext-driven catversion bump for v12, the only
fix is to get the stats machinery to not compute or store such stats.
For now.  But I think we ought to change that in v13.

Сообщение: Re: ANALYZE: ERROR: tuple already updated by self
Сообщение: Re: ANALYZE: ERROR: tuple already updated by self