Re: PostgreSQL 7.4.10 hanging on delete

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 7.4.10 hanging on delete
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Jonathan Parkin <jonathan.parkin@legendplc.com> writes:
> I have a reasonably large, live, system-critical database.  A perl
> script on another machine connects and issues a sequence of commands in
> a transaction, the last of which is a delete.  The delete never returns
> a response, and the connection never times out.  The postgres process
> handling the delete is in a scheduled state, but stracing it produces no
> output at all.

Sounds like it's stuck in a tight loop.  Can you attach to the postgres
process with gdb and get a stack trace to find out where the loop is?

If this is a specific row causing the issue, then I'd wonder about
data corruption of some sort.  It might be worth looking at the
table with pg_filedump (from http://sources.redhat.com/rhdb/).

Сообщение: Re: WITH SYSID feature dropped
Сообщение: Re: WITH SYSID feature dropped