Re: COPY

От Edward Chase
Тема Re: COPY
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Not knowing exactly what your doing and what psql is considering "bad",
have you thought about pre-processing your files first and eliminating
these bad records before importing them into your database?

At 10:28 AM 3/31/2000 -0500, Ralf wrote:

>Hello,
>
>    I think I asked this question before but will try again.
>I deal a lot with importing text files into my psql database and
>quite often there are bad records in those files.  'COPY' will
>abort the process whenever it encounters bad data.  Is there any
>way to make 'COPY' skip bad records and continue with the import
>process rather than abort the entire thing?
>
>Thanks in advance.

 Edward F. Chase III     |   echase@providence.edu
 Providence College      |   http://www.providence.edu
 Computer Services       |   http://studentweb.providence.edu