Re: [INTERFACES] Win32 interface

От Robert Hiltibidal
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Win32 interface
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Howdy,

Have you looked at the lmhosts file?

We have a situation on our network where the internal boxes are all
assigned non routing ip's, so if we want to enable a win9x or winnt box to
connect to those other ips we have to create an lmhost entry for them.

For NT:
Look in your c:/winnt/system32/drivers/etc directory. There you will find a
host and lmhost file. If they end in .sam remove the extension once you
have made the alteration.

This is what my NT lmhosts file looks like:
10.2.6.13    y2k        #PRE    #DOM:Y2K

You may have a template that has *ALL* the configuration stuff. For
Postgres you only need 1 line.

I reccommend putting the #PRE directive in. The NT box handled it just fine
without it, but thw win9x boxes would not see it unless the #PRE directive
was there.

You only need the one line for win9x boxes. For Win9x we put the lmhosts
file in c:\windows\lmhosts. Again, if the sam extension is there remove it.

Once you make the change to the lmhosts file in both WinNT and Win9x you
will have to reboot the computer.

Once there test for resolution by typing "ping <host>" in a dosshell prompt.

One other intersting thing is in either WinNT or Win9x you can have a hosts
file, but our experience has been the smb networking will not work. We had
to make lmhosts file entries.

A bit long winded but I hope this helps.

-Rob

At 02:02 PM 09/02/1999 -0700, David Giffin wrote:

>I'm trying to use the postgresql win32 interface to connect ot a UNIX
>host. I'm using PQconnectDB() to get the connection. Each time I try to
>connect it says unknown host name:
>
>connectDB() --  unknown hostname: mobile
>
>reguardless of specifying the ip address or the complete host name. Any
>ideas??
>
>David

Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] PGACCESS formdemo.sql
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] PGACCESS formdemo.sql